Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Driven By Silence

I figured I'd start this blog with the poem that it was named after. Plus it got a nice comment from a valued friend of mine.

Driven by Silence
I am sitting here and
I am thinking of
All the things I'm saying that I said
I'd never say
I am thinking of
All the things I'm doing
That I said I'd never do
Cause I can't help you've made me feel this way

I'm myself with something different
I'm something different all the same
And as always I will tell myself
That no one is to blame

I am talking
If only to myself
Hoping I will never have to
Say a heartbroken good-bye
Maybe it will be seen
By whom I'm hoping it will
The honest look of desire
Hiding in my sorrowful eye

I'm myself with something different
I'm something different all the same
And as always I will tell myself
That no one is to blame

I am wondering
If perhaps I am clueless
Or somehow
Subconsciously shy
I am wondering
In my honesty
Why I've never felt this way
With any other guy

I'm myself with something different
I'm something different all the same
And as always I will tell myself
That no one is to blame

I don't know
What words to use
To say what else
There is to say
I just hope
With all my heart these thoughts
Will be worth it all
Some near day.
-- 7.23.05

1 comment:

The Z said...

woot! first comment! thanks jake. more soon... when I can find something non-shitty to post. ;) lol. all right I'll just post something.