Oh Israel
You stormed my heart with battalions
The birds of your canyons
The cats of your streets
The trees of your mountains
Soldier after soldier brought me to you.
Oh Israel
Your call louder than I can hear
I did not think I was for you
I did not think you would love me
I did not expect to fall into you
Strength and beauty delivered me to you.
Oh Israel
My heart is full of your sunshine
Cloudless skies of the desert
Sunrise after sunrise
From peaks to valleys and back
Golden rays draw me to you.
Oh Israel
Your marching pride holds me captive
Smiling faces of new old friends
Passionate cries of history's idols
In cities and in ruins
The hope leads me to you.
Oh Israel
You catch my hand so swiftly
As more of us come home
As more of us belong
As more of us feel love
Your spirit holds me to you.
Oh Israel
You whisper war stories in my ears
A unique land
A complex land
My homeland
Ghosts and living call me to you.
Oh Israel
Where I am home
My heart is rent as I fly away
I am scattered across continents and oceans
I am missing something without you
Oh Israel, I am yours always.
Oh Israel,
My Israel,
Take me home again.
--1.14.16

No comments:
Post a Comment