Sunday, September 28, 2014

Untold Story

A melody-in-progress song:

We said our goodbyes
On the first of July
And that was the last
Of you.

Now September is setting
And I'm still not forgetting
The memories I have
Of you.

As I walk through the darkness, I feel so alone
With just the ghost of your hand in mine
And I know you can't be here but I wish you'd just write
Just please tell me you're doing fine.

Though it's fall I still wonder
What would this summer
Have been like if I was
With you.

And could you now be stronger
If you'd let me stay longer
If I'd helped you out
With you.

As I walk through the darkness, I feel so alone
With just the ghost of your lips on mine
And I know you can't be here but I wish you'd just write
Just please tell me you're doing fine.

How long can I suffer the silence?
How long can these thoughts carry on?
How long can I let my heart love you?
How long can I pretend you're not gone?

As I walk through the darkness, I feel so alone
With just the ghost of your arms 'round mine
And I know you can't be here but I wish you'd just write
Just please tell me you're doing fine.

Just please tell me you're doing fine.
--9.28.14

No comments: