That parted in the fall to earth,
Are we but shattered beings
Who put our pieces back together
Not quite right, some missing?
Did I lose you in Eternity?
Have I known you before,
For your hand is my hand
And there is something in your smile
That feels familiar on my lips.
Are you the tingling in my fingertips
The reminder of something absent
Have you finally come home
And are we safe, we weary travelers?
Through time and space and misfits
Picking up our broken pieces
Sightless ancient beings
Raging in our chests
Calling out to each other
Across centuries.
And now I find you, so simply
There can be no question
I can love you as if you were me
As we weld together our empty spaces
Put the pieces back where they belong
My heart in you, your heart in me
And we beat in harmony.
--5.24.14

No comments:
Post a Comment