Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Melancholy Morning

So this poem and the two following it are the result of an assignment for a class. We had to write a short statement about what we think love is about, and then we had to write three songs (lyrically) in the style of three other artists, using that idea but forming it to the way these artists write. This is written in the style of Radiohead:

I was wondering the other day
When I'd find what I was looking for
Whatever I was looking for
When I found it I would know

I didn't know you'd look like you
But I'm sure you're what I'm after
I can hold you in this night
If you relax into the rhythm

Searching, reaching
Searching, reaching

Got to find you
Letting go in the process
It'll happen when it happens
I'm meant for you
So you will find me
And then we can get lost together

I'm meant for you
So you will find me
And then we can get lost together
--2.1.10

No comments: