You keep looking at me
With those late September eyes
Holding me close as we say our goodbyes
To summertime
We have to let go
Of the time that has passed
And fall through this life that's moving too fast
Into autumn
I must brace myself
For certain cold tragedy
As I find your seasonal warmth is through with me
While winter thaws
Day night hours pass
Slowly by as you and I, we fight
Fight to stay alive and do what's right
This spring
Now a year's gone by
And a summer dawns this time without you
My June skin is something fragile and new
I can't believe what's happening as you rip right through
So easily torn it seems to bleed and bruise
I've become so damaged and I've got no time to lose
But life rolls on...
-- 6.25.07
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment