Monday, March 6, 2006

Promise You

It's just a normal conversation
Gone sour without the right medicine
And now I'm all shook up
Look at the mess I'm in

*Chorus*
You ask me to promise you
But I can't say yes
Cause I don't promise unless it's the truth
And this one's a lie I guess

I've got some old memories
Dissolving everything inside my brain
Time's running out for pretending
Everything is right as rain
Cause if you know the truth
Then the rest aren't far behind
And they will want to devour
Every depth of this twisted mind

*chorus*

Bridge:
Forget me
I promise you
It's easier that way
What can I promise you
I promise
You...

You ask me to promise you
I won't hurt myself, why
But I can promise you nothing
Unless you want me to lie.
--3/5/06

1 comment:

Kermit said...

wow. that's...wow.

nothing less than amazing...

<3